browse words by letter
a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z


  1  definition  found 
  From  Webster's  Revised  Unabridged  Dictionary  (1913)  [web1913]: 
  Frounce  \Frounce\,  v.  i.  [imp.  &  p.  p.  {Frounced};  p.  pr  &  vb 
  n.  {Frouncing}.]  [OE.  frouncen,  fronsen  to  told,  wrinkle, 
  OF  froncier,  F.  froncer  perh.  fr  an  assumed  LL  frontiare 
  to  wrinkle  the  forehead,  L.  frons  forehead.  See  {Front},  and 
  cf  {Flounce}  part  of  a  dress.] 
  To  gather  into  or  adorn  with  plaits,  as  a  dress;  to  form 
  wrinkles  in  or  upon  to  curl  or  frizzle,  as  the  hair. 
  Not  tricked  and  frounced,  as  she  was  wont.  --Milton.