browse words by letter
a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z


  2  definitions  found 
  From  Jargon  File  (4.2.3,  23  NOV  2000)  [jargon]: 
  broket  /broh'k*t/  or  /broh'ket`/  n.  [rare;  by  analogy  with 
  `bracket':  a  `broken  bracket']  Either  of  the  characters  `<'  and  `>', 
  when  used  as  paired  enclosing  delimiters.  This  word  originated  as  a 
  contraction  of  the  phrase  `broken  bracket',  that  is  a  bracket  that  is 
  bent  in  the  middle.  (At  MIT,  and  apparently  in  the  {Real  World}  as  well 
  these  are  usually  called  {angle  brackets}.) 
  From  The  Free  On-line  Dictionary  of  Computing  (13  Mar  01)  [foldoc]: 
    /broh'k*t/  or  /broh'ket/  (From  broken  bracket) 
  Either  of  the  characters  "<"  or  ">"  when  used  as  paired 
  enclosing  {delimiters}  ({angle  brackets}). 
  [{Jargon  File}]